In OSGi the idea is that you get a bunch of bundles that collaborate through
services. The bundle is a module and is therefore supposed to be impenetrable.
Just like a class has private fields so does a bundle have private classes and
resources. It would not be very modular if you could use the XML from other
bundles, this Spring XML is supposed to be an implementation detail of the
bundle. As long as you do the collaboration with services you can use many
different techniques: Spring, DS, iPOJO, dependency manager, etc.

So with spring the basic idea is that spring configures your bundle to register
and consume services. How this is achieved is then an implementation detail.

Kind regards,

        Peter Kriens