Hi Bulu,

All our projects are based on Bndtools. This is by far the best development
environment for OSGi and I strongly advise taking a look at it.
We build using Gradle, which is supported directly in bnd.

All bundles that belong to the same "product" are in the same
Bndtools/Eclipse workspace, and the same GIT repo. Separating this even
further makes development much harder and doesn't really have any benefits.
The set of bundles that are part of a deployment are defined in a bnd "run
configuration". When creating a release of the product we set a tag in GIT
and run a build from this tag. The delivery from the build are the JARs
defined in the run configuration. To give an indication, our larger
projects might have ~200 bundles from a single workspace. As long as you
adhere to modularity rules when it comes to bundle and service design it
doesn't really mater if these bundles come from the same development
workspace.

In our projects we also use baselining; each bundle is versioned
individually using the semantic versioning rules. Baselining means that the
build checks if the bundle version (and export package versions) are still
correct. This means that although we always tag our complete product
version in GIT, it might mean that a new product release only contains a
single updated bundle.

Our release process is entirely automated, all the way from setting the tag
to deploying to production servers and is used on several large projects.

Cheers,

Paul