Unless you really need to be “down and dirty” with OSGi, lots of folks opt
for using Apache Karaf, which is based on Felix (by default).  It takes
care of a lot of the heavy lifting for you automatically.  If you really
want to learn the insides and outs, though, stick with Felix, but you’ll
want something like karaf when you deploy for real, most likely.