You'll find a lot of documentation out there talking about Adobe Flex that
are still valid to use with Apache Flex, but talking about the oficial
docs, you better refer at what the Apache's site holds.

About the IDE for Flex programming, feel fre to use the one you feel more
confortable with. You can get the same results working with each one of
them.