I'm fine with Google only developing APIs for HTML5.  The question is
whether anybody can build a Flash API around it.  That's the premise of
the FlexJS parallel frameworks.

The mapping API providers that do provide or allow for parallel APIs for
their maps will have the advantage if/when FlexJS takes off.

-Alex