On 8/16/13 8:53 AM, "Doug McCune" <d...@dougmccune.com> wrote:

>> Has anyone found a point of contact at Google regarding the Maps API and
>> Flash?
>

>I don't want to be a debbie downer, but Google is historically horrible
>when it comes to things like this, and there has been a huge volume of
>annoyed messages posted to their google groups board about the flash API
>deprecation over the last few years, none of which made any difference. I
>wouldn't spend any energy trying to get Google to do anything regarding
>their Flash API. They're not going to open source it, they're not going to
>support it, there are existing obvious bugs that they aren't going to fix
>[1].
OK, thanks for the info.

>I'll also point out, Google really doesn't want you using their API in
>anything but a free publicly accessible HTML app that uses their JS
>library. If you're doing anything else (commercial use, behind a paid
>login, loading their tiles in another map component, etc) you are almost
>certainly breaking their terms of use. Google's business is selling ads
>(sometimes on maps).
I saw that in the T&Cs.  Seems like you can pay to use via some Enterprise
deal, no?

So given this info, I guess the better route is to turn FlexJS into
something then see if Google would find it interesting to make a parallel
version or not.  Hopefully some other map vendors will.

-Alex