Thanks for your help.

The fact is that If you look at the snippet in my previous email I don't
think it's a transfer problem.
The charset problem happens before the transfer so I think that even if I
put the data inside a XML the resulting string won't be correct.

By the way I only transfer small Strings.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think that the real questions are
why URLVariables is not able to transform my accent correctly ?
and even without using URLVariables why the output of trace("omé") is omé
 ?
and more generaly how do you manage charset in a flex app ? (I didn't
manage to find any good documentation about this)