Thanks for your answer.

The trace or logger problem is only one consequence of my charset problem.
My question is then how can I do if I want to send an utf-8 encoded string
to trace ?

To sum up, what I really want is that my flex app only deals with utf-8.
So first of all is it possible ? If it's no, maybe someone know an external
library that would help to do that ?

One question left, if I take your logger example, you will face the same
problem if you want your log file to be encoded in utf-8, won't you ? How
would you achieve that ?