I have updated the testCase by adding a flash text engine based text field.
When this text field is clicked, the text of the TextElement is replaced and the TextLine is updated using the TextBlock.recreateTextLine() method.

After this process the module is still garbage collected.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-338