You can try conditional breakpoints, but I usually get into the infinite
loop, then set a breakpoint on updateDisplayList, then set the
LayoutManager breakpoints.  Any calls to those invalidation methods before
updateDisplayList returns are likely causes for another round of
validation, and the stack trace should give you a clue as to what got
invalidated unexpectedly.

-Alex