Yes, good hint to set the points actually when the application hangs in the
loop, thx...

and it seems it's really the setContentWidth which produces that..
when I set the the verticalScrollPolicy of the List to on or off explicitly
everything works fine...

I thought it is because I position every other element relative to the
unscaled width
but no... (the Scroller does not change that I guess)

############# LayoutManager invalidateDisplayList stack ##############

Main Thread (Suspended)
mx.managers::LayoutManager/invalidateDisplayList
mx.core::UIComponent/invalidateDisplayList
spark.components.supportClasses::GroupBase/invalidateDisplayList
spark.components::Scroller/invalidateSkin
spark.components::Scroller/viewport_propertyChangeHandler
flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction [no source]
flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent [no source]
mx.core::UIComponent/dispatchEvent
mx.core::UIComponent/dispatchPropertyChangeEvent
*spark.components.supportClasses::GroupBase/setContentWidth     *
spark.components.supportClasses::GroupBase/setContentSize
components.layouts::KanbanLayout/updateDisplayList
spark.components.supportClasses::GroupBase/updateDisplayList
spark.components::DataGroup/updateDisplayList
mx.core::UIComponent/validateDisplayList
mx.managers::LayoutManager/validateClient
mx.core::UIComponent/validateNow
spark.components::WindowedApplication/window_resizeHandler