Great suggestion. Might do that to track down the problem as I have proved
something else.

After investigation we are using the 0.5.swc of
com.jabbypanda.controls.DateField. This has not been touched or even looked
at within our system for YEARS. Looking online there is a 0.51 of this
component and maybe even a newer Flex 4 version (I think the one I can see
supercedes the one we are using).

I have now proven the leak is specifically related to the jabbypanda code!
If I change our component to subclass directly the basic mx:DateField rather
than the jabbypanda one, all the memory leaks in this area disappear.

So.....think I'm getting there...

Alex Harui wrote