I guess this would be in deed pretty helpful. So thank you, Harbs!

My private email is m...@ahrend.tel <mailto:m...@ahrend.tel>

I already did a little testing in Inkscape, no joy.
It also seems as if there’s a lot of embedded bitmaps in the file, so I can’t
promise there will ever be a way to convert it properly.
I will nevertheless look to add an inclusion of linked external images, what
also can be specified in AI’s SVG export options.

The most important for now is to see, what causes the conversion process to
hang at all, I guess it can’t only be the huge file size (inkscape svg is 9.8
MB) since breaking the file apart didn’t work out either.

Thanks again,

Sascha