Well there are a lot of desktops and laptops out there and windows tablets
should become more widespread since they are the full OS and not slimmed down
mobile OS. That means that Flash is and will be available for good. A lot of
these articles seem to be another last push by tech writers and others who have
always seemed to go after Flash, especially after Steve Jobs popularized it in
2010. I've never had any security or performance issues with Flash and I've
been having fun developing with it since Flash 4.

Most of this is just anecdotal and people always like to have some issue to
talk up and feel smart about. What I don't like is that there are so many great
people who have worked hard on this software over the years and they deserve
better. Most commentators probably harp on Flash simply because it can do
almost everything and they are probably sick of always having to talk about it.
It's installed on 98% of computers after all like they say.

The mobile Flash player was always a little difficult to design to anyway
because of the small screen sizes, with html too. So using AIR for mobile is a
good option regardless. Otherwise, it's been clear that Flash has been ahead in
almost every way it's entire life so a lot of the commentary is from companies
that want to promote their own software and are happy to attack a competitive
platform if there's a security update or something else; app stores, browser
vendors, JavaScript framework creators, video graphics software, animation
tools, gaming platforms, etc.

David