We do have a <js:TextArea> and it does have an html property. I honestly
haven't used it in a long time. But give it a try and let us know how well
it does the job you want.

If you isn't doing what you want, reply to this email thread and we can
offer some pointers. It might be to file a bug, give you some better
directions, or it might be to encourage you to extend the component and
contribute your changes back. Try it and lets see what happens.

Peter Ent
Adobe Systems/Apache Flex Project