There is also a MultilineLabel component that should do roughly what
mx:Text did.  TextArea is really intended for editing multi-line text.
The basic FlexJS component set should support an "html" property wherever
there is a "text" property so even button labels can be "rich".

We still need volunteers to build out equivalents for other higher-level
HTML controls like Table and the new HTML5 widgets.

Thanks,
-Alex