Thanks,

the view is really, really  huge so 2 seconds would be perfect ok

Yes seperate views would work I guess, but when the view is loaded once its's very fast to use
(fast scrolling etc.)
and when switching between views, the overall "use-time" wouldn't be better i think

........I am an idiot......just tested in test mode not in debug mode (in FlashDevelop)
and now it only takes 5 seconds.......which is almost ok

but what do you mean with the sections?
as i said, each time the view is created it fetches data from a server and configures all controls
yes they are grouped in (visual) sections
so create and configure them but not show them?

think of the view like a VGroup in a scroller
inside this VGroup are 10 other VGroups and each of them has 10 Buttons
on result of the remote request each buttons label is set
this is simplified, and sounds like i should use a DataGroup or such,
but the controls are all custom, and some have complex functionality

how to do this "section-lazy-loading"?