Hi Scott,

Definitely if you would like to move your Flex app to Royale you will have
to rewrite you UI part from scratch. There is ongoing effort in Royale
called Emulation [1] which can simply decrease work with rewriting.

However there couple of main points which can really help with moving which
could not get from other framework:
1) You can reach the same productivity as it was in Flex
2) You can move your AS3 code which doesn't have any dependency to Flash
straight to the browser using Royale - This is huge. Imagine huge
application which has HUGE business logic - You won't have to rewrite it at
all! It will just work. :)

[1] https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/wiki/emulation-components

Thanks,
Piotr