This can't be bad for AIR, comparing to the current state.
AIR is beeing in maintenance mode for least the last 2 years.
I was just waiting for them to officially end it.

Unfortunately Android x64 bits thing and the Adobe silent for so long until
almost until the dead line forced me to evaluate other options and I did it.
I'm moving from Flex/AIR on Mobile to Xamarin so it's hard to go back to
Flex/AIR on Mobile after this and I believe that many others are doing the
same, skrinking even futher the Flex comunity.
Xamarin, it's a complete new fresh paradigm for better, I must say.

Even so, Flex/AIR, on Desktop for me, continue to be the best option.
Desktop market is stable (comparing with Mobile).

I still don't understand why this was made silent for so long time !
It's not the launching of a rocket (even that, would be less secret !).
It was all too exaggerated, unnecessary and the result it's on your front.