Hi everybody,

I use the GeoExt QueryPanel, which I got working so far. I configured an osgeo proxy on my Apache Server, I use the override-ext-ajax.js and have the |OpenLayers.ProxyHost = "/cgi-bin/proxy.cgi?url=";| class configured. My problem is the following: When theQueryPanel.js <http://projects.opengeo.org/suite/browser/trunk/recipes/resources/extras/QueryPanel.js?rev=1708> [ http://projects.opengeo.org/suite/browser/trunk/recipes/resources/extras/QueryPanel.js?rev=1708 ] sends requests to geoserver, it uses wrong URLs which I figured must be related to the QueryPanel.js file. The sent request URLs look like this:

|http://localhost/cgi-bin/proxy.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%2Fcgibin%2Fproxy.cgi%2Fwfs%3FVERSION%3D1.1.0%26REQUEST%3DDescribeFeatureType%26TYPENAME%3Dcases%26query%3D

The request is sent via the proxy.cgi twice. The request URL should rather look like this, going passed geoserver?s WFS:

|http://localhost/cgi-bin/proxy.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%3A8080%2Fgeoserver%2Fwfs%3FVERSION%3D1.1.0%26REQUEST%3DDescribeFeatureType%26TYPENAME%3Dcases%26query%3D

When using firebug, I can temporarily change the URLs and make the queries work! When replacing line 183

|url: Ext.urlAppend(protocol.url, Ext.urlEncode({

with

|url: Ext.urlAppend("http://localhost/geoserver/wfs";, Ext.urlEncode({,|

the describeFeatureType requests are sent the right way, but attribute queries are still using the wrong URL (|localhost/cgi-bin/proxy.cgi/wfs| instead of |localhost/geoserver/wfs|). I can?t find the responsible line for the query URLs and I?m also not really sure what to replace, since I?m quite new to JS & GeoExt.

If it?s not possible to fix my problem that way, can you see another method to fix it?

Any help is appreciated!

Cheers,

Philippe