On 03-06-2011 00:35, PLO wrote:
> Hello Larry,
>
> On Thu, 02 Jun 2011 16:07:37 -0600 (your time) you said:
>
>> But, as you pointed out, it does not recognize two sig delimiters in a
>> message.
>
> Actually, I'm afraid you misread something because I didn't point that out.
> I pointed out that the list appended a cutline to the end of the message.
> The Bat! behaves as you would expect a proper, well developed email client

The Bat behave as YOU would like it to behave....

> to behave and recognises the last signature delimiter in the message as the
> signature boundary; that's exactly where it should be! The fact that
> Thunderbird behaves differently in this respect doesn't translate to

Thunderbird behave like I (and some others ;) would like it to behave

> 'Thunderbird is a superior email client'. On the contrary in fact.

I'm not questioning superiority ;)

> Furthermore, the issue wasn't about whose client was better than the other,
> heaven's above, and it really isn't about that now either...and my email
> client isn't defective because it does what it is supposed to!
>
> The real point is that the list subscription information that is appended to
> messages does not constitute a signature, and so should therefore not be
> appended to messages preceded by a cutline. A simple series of dashes or an
> continuous underscore above the list information to separate it would
> suffice and wouldn't interfere with the author's signature. As I said, not
> the end of the world but...

i googled a bit, and found:
http://lipas.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/signatur.html
The question of a proper signature can cause perhaps more arguments than
any other single netiquette issue (besides spam). Superficially, and
technically the main issues would seem clear:
* No more than *four* lines. Occasionally called the "4-line McQuary
limit".
* Use "-- " as the beginning marker.

Unfortunatly there is nothing about having two signatures in one
mailmessage...

> Please feel free to email me off list if you want to further discuss email
> clients, but I don't think a Thunderbird vs The Bat! and everything else is
> what this topic is about. Well, I certainly didn't intend it to be about
> that.

no, but thanks, i'm not really interested in a discussion about email
clients, because they should simply do what u users expects from them.

> All the best

thanks...