Hi Ernest,

Ernest Kurtz wrote (29-06-11 19:03)
Opened 3 .rtf files I had worked on in OO yesterday;
When I hit "Enter" to open a line-space in one of the files, LO crashed;
Even "Force Quit" could not close it, but it finally died after about 10
minutes jiggling.
Does anyone think I should try to use LO again, after this yet again repetitive
near-disaster?

Yes, definitely.
The rtf-files I work with never crashed - up until now maybe ;-)

So please do us a favor and make (one of) the files available for testing (might be via private mail), or even better, create and rtf file with the part in it that causes a problem.

Thanks,
Cor

PS: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport

--