Hi :)
The documentation team have access to a lot of good guides.  Jean sent me this
about macros

" ...
good resources forpeople who want serious info on macros. (Shameless plug for
Andrew)

http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php
http://www.pitonyak.org/book/
"

ODFauthors are considering how to best approach writing documentation that is
relevant to both OOo and LO and identically the same in both.  Obviously some
guides need a lot of modifications (such as just deleting chunks where OOo is
lagging behind and has not added the functionality developed by LO devs) but
apparently macros are likely to develop along an identically same path for both
projects.  Andrew Pitonyak's guide is apparently the best for macros so it's
worth bookmarking or downloading or something.