HI

On Sat, 2011-09-10 at 12:37 -0400, Tim Deaton wrote:

> On 9/9/2011 3:48 PM, e-letter wrote:
> > Readers,
> >
> > Analogous to the creation of LO, it is time to consider an "odf
> > purists" mailing list for users such as yours truly who are tired of
> > the m$ groupies yearning for a free m$ clone.
> >
> > Is there a formal procedure to request for the creation of a new
> > mailing list, with the provisional intention as dedicated solely and
> > exclusively to native odf behaviour for LO?
> >
> I might be wrong, but I think you'd be rather lonely.  I don't think
> OO/LO combined have enough market share for that.
>
> Personally, I want LO to be able to do everything MS Office 97 did, and
> mostly the way MS Office 97 did it - but that works well on current
> operating systems.  Partly because that's what I'm used to, and partly
> because in my opinion that was an excellent product.  It did what it did
> better than anything since, and it contained all the functionality that
> 90%+ of us will ever use.  If LO approaches the same ease-of-use, it
> will take HUGE market-share from Microsoft.
>
> Thanks,
> -- Tim

Most users of LO or MS Office probably do not routinely use more than
half the features available in a given part and often do not use all the
pieces equally. For example, I rarely use Impress or Powerpoint but use
Calc extensively. The only problem is what combination of features will
cover 90% of all the users' needs.

--
Jay Lozier
jsloz...@gmail.com