On 2011-09-10, Tim Deaton wrote:
> On 9/9/2011 3:48 PM, e-letter wrote:
>
>> [...] who are tired of
>> the m$ groupies yearning for a free m$ clone.
[...]
> Personally, I want LO to be able to do everything MS Office 97 did,
> and mostly the way MS Office 97 did it - but that works well on
> current operating systems.  Partly because that's what I'm used to,
> and partly because in my opinion that was an excellent product.  It
> did what it did better than anything since, and it contained all the
> functionality that 90%+ of us will ever use.  If LO approaches the
> same ease-of-use, it will take HUGE market-share from Microsoft.

Ease-of-use is sometimes subjective. Do not confuse ease-of-use with
"it's similar to the microsoft product".

Also IMHO if you want a feature MS Office has, you should ask for the
feature because it's needed, not because "LibO should have the same
features MSO has". Instead of using MSO as a reason for the enhancement,
use it to grab some screenshots and descriptions of a way to implement
the feature.

--
Nuno J. Silva (aka njsg)
gopher://sdf-eu.org/1/users/njsg