-----Original Message-----
From: e-letter [mailto:inp...@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, September 11, 2011 01:39
To: users@global.libreoffice.org

On 10/09/2011, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamil...@acm.org> wrote:
> An odf-purists lists might be interesting though I am not sure how one
> discerns what it means to be odf-pure, as opposed to OpenOffice-pure.  Maybe
> it is about OpenOffice purism, where use of the native ODF Open ... and Save
> As ... is handled.  No opening by clicking on .doc/.docx files, etc.

The definition of the recommended content for this list would be for
users who are interested only in creating odf documents and
investigating/discussing behaviour of LO to produce odf documents. As
such, issues of compatibility with other formats, specifically m$,
would be excluded, for continued discussion in the main users list.

> Not sure how you'd describe the list so fellow purists would know they were
> fellow purists.  I shall watch with interest.

After reading the web page 'get involved' I have subscribed to the
mailing list 'web site', where I shall continue this discussion; feel
free to read the archives and join if further interested.