When I copied the ~10 Kbyte standard.dic from my old StarOffice8 into
OpenOffice3.2, it worked fine. Examination of the dictionary
(Tools/Options/Language Settings/Writing Aids, select Standard and choose
Edit) shows each word on its own line. When I copied it into LibreOffice,
however, words were run together: spaces between them had been omitted. Of
course with this flawed dictionary cannot work.

Has anyone else run into this, and how does one fix it? Is there a better
way to import a detailed, carefully built standard.dic from OOo or
StarOffice into LibreOffice?