Hi,

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 9:04 PM, john.egger wrote:
> When I copied the ~10 Kbyte standard.dic from my old StarOffice8 into
> OpenOffice3.2, it worked fine. Examination of the dictionary
> (Tools/Options/Language Settings/Writing Aids, select Standard and choose
> Edit) shows each word on its own line. When I copied it into LibreOffice,
> however, words were run together: spaces between them had been omitted. Of
> course with this flawed dictionary cannot work.
>
> Has anyone else run into this, and how does one fix it? Is there a better
> way to import a detailed, carefully built standard.dic from OOo or
> StarOffice into LibreOffice?

1. What OS?

2. Your 'standard.dic' from OOo 3.2 is in 'WBSWG6' format?

3. You can use the macro 'OOo Dictionary Importer/Exporter' to create
a *.txt file from this standard.dic;
some details on
→
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22938&p=104617#p104617

4. Now you can create 'standard.dic' in the current user-readable and
user-editable 'OOoUserDict1' format;
some details on
→ http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33297#p152852http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=35837#p164204

Sample 'OOoUserDict1 format'