Hello,

I am trying to follow the instructions
http://help.libreoffice.org/Math/Matrix here  to add a matrix to my
LibreOffice Writer document. However, I can't find the Commands window the
instructions refer to.

The official Math Guide states that I should enter the formulae markup into
the "equation editor", but this doesn't not appear in my LibreOffice Writer
or Math 3.5.2 in Mac OS X 10.6.8. If I try to add markup into the equation,
it does not get interpreted and is taken literally as text in the equation.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Again I am trying to insert a 3
x 3 matrix into my Writer document.

Thanks!