From: John Hardy <johnha...@johnhardyco.com>
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: Bug #48365 filed six weeks ago. No sign of
acknowledgement.
To: users@global.libreoffice.org
Date: Monday, 21 May, 2012, 10:07

Tom;

> Re-creating a fresh new image using the newer branch was brilliant.
> Sometimes older documents that have "been around the block a few times" get a
> lot of inexplicable weirdnesses.

I have only made a few drawings, and fairly simple ones at that. So starting
over is not hard. However, it was a jolt to receive a batch of printed potting
shells with the image scaled incorrectly. Fortunately, not enough to be
unusable. I hope there aren't other users out there that have many drawings
that will need to be done over.

OpenOffice had a problem (bug #114901) a couple of years ago where it started
mishandling Adobe Type 1 fonts. The simpler solution was to convert them to
TrueType fonts. I can't even find that bug now. And so it goes.

Even though Draw is a fairly simple program, it has the ability to expand or
condense the spacing between characters, and pair kerning. I condensed the
spacing with the "990" part of the drawing for a tighter look. DesignCAD 3D Max
V21 cannot do that.

I will verify future drawings before submitting them for production.

John