On Sun, 2012-05-20 at 01:48 +0200, Mirosław Zalewski wrote:
> Sorry about pointing to another thread, but you may find this useful.
> Poster
> there managed to connect OpenOffice with sqlite file. I believe the
> same should
> work for LO.
> Link:
> http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=9905
>
> As far as I can tell, you will need (aside from LO, of course)
> unixodbc and
> libsqliteodbc packages. At least that's how they are called in Debian;
> I don't
> know about Fedora, but perhaps they have similar names.
Thanks very much for the pointer.  I attempted to follow the
instructions, installing the SQLite ODBC Driver, but I have installation
problems. (If you configure wrong, an attempt to access a database will
lock up your system so badly that you need to reboot).

My particular system runs KDE, which requires iodbc for many
applications, so that is what I am using for the database interface.
Iodbc has two kinds of configuration files in two places, namely:
        /etc/odbc.ini
        /etc/odbcinst.ini
        ~/.odbc.ini
        ~/.odbcinst.ini  (maybe not used)
The iodbc web site has info about ~/.odbc.ini, and by implication
about /etc/odbc.ini, which contains (I believe) default info; but it has
nothing about /etc/odbcinst.ini.  Can someone enlighten me about the
relation about these files and what they are used for?

jon