On 05/25/2012 07:16 AM, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
> I have been attempting to send this posting for a while, and have only
> recently noticed that the list does not accept attachments.  This has
> (apparently) caused it to be silently rejected.  I have appended what
> had been attached to the end of this posting.
>
> Sorry for the delay.
>
> On Mon, 2012-05-21 at 14:40 -0700, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
>> ... the database doesn't look like what I had expected it to: sqlite
>> databases contain within themselves the names and data types of all
>> the entries, but when libreOffice opens the database, there is no such
>> data visible.  Am I missing something.  A dump of the database using
>> "$ sqlite3 <archive>.sdb .dump" looks fine.  Is this what I should expect,
>> or is something wrong, or am I missing something? On Tue, 2012-05-22
>
> On Tue, 22 May 2012 at 00:43 +0200, Andreas Säger wrote:
>> Am 21.05.2012 23:40, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
>> >
>> >blah
>> >

>> Ask your question on a SQLite forum with some _technical_ information
>> about your operating system, SQLite version of the creating application,
>> driver version, configuration file, connection URL of the client (Base
>> menu:Edit>Database>Properties).
>
> Wow!  This is enough to singe my beard.  Nevertheless I am grateful for
> all replies, even beard singeing ones.
>
> I fear that I put in too much technical detail, rather than too little.
> As you see, I am a complete newbie to LibreOffice base (oobase), and am
> only trying to find out whether I have succeeded in getting oobase to
> open my database properly.  I don't think a posting to an sqlite forum
> would be useful, since this is really a question about oobase.
>
> If oobase has connected properly to the database, it is useless for my
> purpose and I will give up on it and do what needs done with a bunch of
> shell scripts. If oobase has not opened the database properly, I will
> persevere.
>
> Here is the technical info that Mr. Säger desires:
>
> All my systems run Fedora-16.  The database was generated on an i686
> system.  LibreOffice runs on an x86_64 system.  The database is
> contained in a file named wview-archive.sdb generated on the i686
> system and copied to the x86_64 system.
>
> The database was generated by wview, which can be downloaded at
>         http://www.wviewweather.com/
> My running version of wview is accessible (in case you want to know
> the weather here) at:
>         http://oaklandweather.no-ip.org/index.html/
> The archive file is not visible from the web, but extracts from it
> are at:
>         http://oaklandweather.no-ip.org/index.html/Archive
> The version of sqlite is included in
>         sqlite-devel-3.7.7.1-1.fc16.<......>.rpm
> The library is:
>         /usr/lib/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6
> The drivers are in:
>         unixODBC-2.2.14-13.fc15.x86_64

You might want to use a GUI configure tool. On debian it is unixodbc-bin
- Graphical tools for ODBC management and browsing

$ ODBConfig

Makes it much easier to configure.

On Fedora I think it might be unixODBC-gui-qt
<https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/list/?searchwords=*odbc*>

> and as specified in its initialization file (which follows)
>         $ cat ~/.odbc
>         [ODBC Data Sources]
>         mysqlitedb=SQLite
>
>         [mysqlitedb]
>         Driver=/usr/lib64/libsqlite3odbc.so
>         Description=My SQLite test database
>       Database=/home/jonrysh/src/wview/archive/nullWindSpeed/wview-archive.sdb
>         # optional lock timeout in milliseconds
>         Timeout=2000

My initial tests (successful as I can see all the date in the tables)
used the places.sqlite files for Firefox & SeaMonkey. (They are easy to
look at with an sqlite viewer to verify). I also have the old microsoft
Nwind.mdb as well.

Mine is installed on Ubuntu/Debian - (I'd need to fire up Fedora in a VM
to test that distro). Here is my .odbc.ini file (configured with OBDConfig):

$ cat /home/gl/.odbc.ini
[SeaMonkeyPlaces.sqlite]
Description = SQLite3
Driver = SQLite3
Database = /home/gl/.mozilla/seamonkey/<snipped>.default/places.sqlite
Timeout = 100000
StepAPI = No
ShortNames = No
NoCreat = No
SyncPragma = NORMAL
LoadExt =

[NWTest]
Description = mdbtools
Driver  = mdbtools
Database= /home/gl/Documents/MyDocuments/Nwind.mdb

[PlacesFirefox]
Description     = SQLite3
Driver          = SQLite3
Database        = /home/gl/.mozilla/firefox/<snipped>.default/places.sqlite
Timeout         = 100000
StepAPI         = No
ShortNames      = No
NoCreat         = No
SyncPragma      = NORMAL
LoadExt         =

Note the difference in the SQLite drivers (I simply use use SQLite3).

I'll give your database a try this weekend & also try to find my
notes/links on how I got mine working (should be a post in this list IIRC).