It's crucial that people test each particular use of an application, and THEN
decide.

I've gone to using Apache OpenOffice V3.0, as LO seems to have "fallen over"
badly -- none of the responses I got in response to a problem I was
experiencing with using Zotero were even minimally useful to me, so I gave
up LO but still get the user help messages, still being subscribed to that
list.

Trying to get LO 3.5 (and now 3.5.4) to export a file with Zotero entries to
PDF causes LO to crash, it successfully saves the file, and I think that's
an advance on where it was before

but being able to use Zotero AND export to PDF are CRUCIAL for me, so, as I
said, it's back to AOO, I'm not even bothering with LO as I basically use
it, currently, as a wordprocessor only (with Zotero support).

so much for advances in the product -- depends on what "ready" means, I
guess, 3.5.4 is NOT ready for me, but still showing signs of some sort of
"reversion" (sorry I can't be more helpful in specifying -- as I've just
demonstrated, I'm not even au fait with using Nabble!)