Hi :)
I think the response you got, that you got it completely wrong, was imprecise.
It is not as simple as java 1.6 vs 1.7.  There are loads of versions of 1.6 and
then there are issues about precisely which version of your OS and then add in
which version of LibreOffice.

Something that did work for 1 person obviously works and probably works for
quite a lot of people but it might just be a lucky combination of versions.

The whole thing is just such a total mess.