Il 05/10/2012 11:07, John Clegg ha scritto:
One feature I miss isn't actually a feature in MSO as such, but LO behaves
differently. If I open a spreadsheet from an email or the web it places a
copy in the download folder/directory and Calc always opens it read-only
whereas Excel opens it as read-write. I would like at least an option to
get Calc to open it as read-write. To do so I have to save a copy
before I start, and as I do this around 100 times a day it becomes quite an
irritant.

It's just a "modify document" button click away. But I guess it's more a "problem" of the web browser or e-mail client rather than OOo/LibO as such.

The browser / e-mail client puts a read-only file in the user temp folder, then passes its full path to OOo/LibO for reading. OOo/LibO will just notice it's a readonly file and will behave accordingly.

Hopefully someone with more technicall indsight into this can confirm or correct me ?

--
Marcello Romani