Hi :)
You could try a few screenshots and upload them to this thread through Nabble.

Also you might find some help in documentation
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications

However, i suspect that your install went wrong somewhere.  Where you able to
check the md5sum or SHA of the download to make sure that was alright?  Given
that i have unlimited broadband here i would probably just re-download even tho
checking md5sum is surprisingly easy.

Possibly the easiest thing to try 1st tho is to rename your User Profile.  It
fixes all sorts of weird problems
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/UserProfile
Then try Jean's and other's ideas might work more easily.