Hi :)
If you already have a Word document or some other document then you can try
opening it in LibreOffice.  You don't even need to copy&paste!  Just try

1.  relax, grab a cuppa tea
2.  right-click on the file's icon, a menu should appear
3.  in that right-click menu choose "Open with ..."
4.
 Hopefully LibreOffice Writer should be in there.  If not then at the
bottom there is usually something like "more programs".  LibreOffice's
various programs/modules (Writer, Calc etc) should be in there.

If that doesn't work or starts looking far too complicated then
1.  Open LibreOffice but do
File - Close
to get back to the LO splash-screen that offers a choice of which module to
open.
2.  Instead of opening a module just drag the file's icon into the LO window

However you got the file open just run the spell check