The first time this happened (sometime in Dec, as I recall), if I was
prompted as I was today (that the document had been changed and did I
want to save it), I would have just saved it--and only noticed later
that it was no long password-protected. Today, sensitized by the
previous experience, I looked before saving and saw that the "save with
password" was no longer checked.

If LibreOffice is somehow changing that setting accidentally (i.e.,
there's a bug somewhere), I'm not sure a notification system would solve
the problem.

I'm going to do some experimenting and see if I can pin down exactly
when it happens--assuming it's not somehow random. (I don't use
hibernate or suspend, since for some reason Fedora 15 doesn't recover my
graphic display when I do so, so when it had occurred it has been with a
shutdown.)

Thanks.