Thank you. I seem to have missed this particular site. I will certainly spend some time here.

I also added the IRC channels for LibreOffice and LibreOffice-QA. Again, my initial issue is make sure I know how it is supposed to work before saying something is wrong.<g>

Regards,

On 3/3/2013 8:19 PM, Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)
It might be good to work through some of the published guides.  The full book of the
"Getting Started Guide" is now finally ready
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications
and is on the official LibreOffice website and available for purchase through
the Lulu on-line book-store.

Any proof-reading suggestions are still being welcomed although some may not
make it in until the next release of the guides.

________________________________
From: Kevin O'Brien <zwil...@zwilnik.com>
To: users@global.libreoffice.org
Sent: Sunday, 3 March 2013, 17:49
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Moving list items and re-numbering

On 03/03/2013 05:42 AM, Jean-Francois Nifenecker wrote:
Le 03/03/2013 00:54, Kevin O'Brien a écrit :
I have another question regarding lists. If I create a Numbered list, I
have items numbered 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. On the Bullets and Numbering
toolbar there are buttons for moving list items, which would let do
something like move item #2 to the top of the list. But when I do so it
is still #2. Is there a way to do this that would change the numbers so
that the former #2 becomes #1, and the former #1 becomes #2?
Xubuntu 12.04
TDF LibO Version 4.0.1.1 (Build ID: 2c0c17a6e4bee0ee28131ea4bdc47edc700d659)

I can't reproduce.

Can you be more specific, please?
-- OS and LibO version?
-- the steps you're following to reproduce?
-- are you creating your own numbering style or using the Numbered list
toolbutton?
I am using Kubuntu 12.10, and LO version 3.6.2.2, I did create my own list
style. But I just opened it up again and now it works the way it should. I
guess I had some kind transient issue, or there is some factor I have not been
able to identify. Thanks for the help.

I ma trying to get a deep understanding of this stuff, and what I often
encounter are problems where step 1 is to figure out if the program is
misbehaving, if I am doing something wrong, or if I am just thinking about it
the wrong way..

Regards,

-- Kevin B. O'Brien
zwil...@zwilnik.com
http://google.me/+kevinobrien

Kevin B. O'Brien
zwil...@zwilnik.com
A damsel with a dulcimer in a vision once I saw.