On 6/9/13 8:11 AM, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
The Linux magazine ”Linux Format” compared image editors in their
LXF171 issue. The combatabts were GIMP, Inkscape, Krita, MyPaint and
Pinta. MyPaint won the user interface round, but was worst in a few
categories, such as text support, user interface customisability,
multimedia and animation. ”Winner” was Krita, then Inkscape, Gimp,
MyPaint and Pinta.

To me, this is muddying the waters of what an image editing program is.

Image editing means manipulating a bitmap at the pixel level. Those would be Gimp, Photoshop, etc.

Inkscape is a vector drawing program, such as Corel Draw and any CAD program.

Totally different animals, and to compare them in one test is, to me, wrong if not bogus.

--
Ken

Mac OS X 10.8.4
Firefox 20.0