Hi,

Right, there are many ways to circumvent certain restrictions. It's not that I
really need a 100% protection from my users. I just want to guide them in doing
the "right thing". Besides, they're the ones that really should be concerned
that their data is correctly saved where it should be. But you may already know
how some users do crazy things and don't even remember about it.

In any case, my question is even more general: shouldn't a macro associated to
an event override that event? Some may disagree because you may want to run
both your macro AND the stuff LO usually runs for a given event. But in any
case, it should be up to the user/admin to decide if a macro should "replace"
whatever LO does for a given event (eg. if event is "save" or "save as" then
run macro that says "Hello World". Admin user should be able to decide whether
LO ONLY shows the message "Hello World" and doesn't save the doc, or LO shows
the msg while it's also saving the doc.).

If it can't be done easily without reinventing the wheel (that is, overriding
an event with a macro) then I'll just forget about it and hope this feature
will come up some day in LO.

If so, is there a place where I can add my wish list?

Thanks,

Vieri