On 12/07/2013, Virgil Arrington <cuyfa...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> That works just fine. For my tastes, however, it's not quite as smooth a
> process or polished a result as with LyX/LaTeX.

Agree, for PDF, but it seems that the future of viewing content is in
digital format via mobile devices. So for archiving to paper, LaTeX
wins and maybe epub for electronic archives.

By coincidence there has been a guide published to write epub
documents using LO:
http://opensource.com/life/13/8/how-create-ebook-open-source-way