2013/8/21 Tom Davies <tomdavie...@yahoo.co.uk>

> Hi :)
> Yes, that was exactly what i was talking about.
>
> In your example if we then changed the style called "default" from
> Liberation to Arial then the change would cascade through "text-body" and
> any other styles that were linked in that way.  Changing from 12pt to 11pt
> would also ripple through, cascade through.  Linked headings would now be
> Arial and slightly smaller, perhaps dropping from 16pt to 14pt or from 48pt
> to 36pt or something like that.  I think.  it might be just that they keep
> the same font-size but might have only changed from Liberation to Arial.
>

> Many styles are linked by default. I think all the ones about numbered or
> un-numbered lists, and stuff like that is all linked to the text-bod or
> default (or one through the other).  I just don't know which ones are
> affected by which but so far haven't noticed anything unpleasant going on
> so it's obviously been done in a way that i would want it done.

About linked styles, remember that among the display options, ​​beside
"display all" and "only used styles", there is the "hierarchical" option
that display exactly this kind of link between various styles :-)

It's also quite useful, because you can somewhat create styles
"categories", like all the "Title 1", "Title 2"... ones are under the
single "Title" style. It's easier to find it this way (in my opinion).