On 10/01/2013 08:49 AM, John Jason Jordan wrote:
LibreOffice 3.5.7.2 on Xubuntu 12.04.

I'm trying set up a paragraph style, and maybe a text style, to type in
Greek on my normally American English computer. I only need this for
homework in the Ancient Greek class I am taking.

I have installed openoffice.org-l10n.el and libreoffice-l10n.el (they
came together) and restarted LO, but that hasn't helped.

I cloned my Default paragraph style, naming the clone "Default - Greek"
and then modified Default-Greek to change the language settings under
the Font tab to Ancient Greek. After applying this style to a paragraph
all typing in that paragraph ought to come out in Greek letters, right?
Well, I still get just English. And the style is definitely applied; it
says so in the formatting toolbar. And the font (Junicode) definitely
has a full set of Greek glyphs, properly encoded.

What have I missed?

http://superuser.com/questions/28932/how-do-i-input-greek-characters-in-ubuntu

You need to install the language and then change it with ibus (should have a little keyboard icon in your taskbar somewhere).

Google around for "xubuntu install language" but the above link gives some guidance

Best,
Joel