Le 10/11/2013 22:57, Oogie McGuire a écrit :
> I have a spreadsheet that is the output of a SQLite Database on
> Android. It contains numbers that have been formatted as text. When I
> copy the columns into my LibreOffice Spreadsheet I want to make sure
> that they are interpreted as numbers.

This will do quite easily:

Call the menu Data / Numbers as text (freely translated from my FR
install) then just click OK in the window that opens without changing
anything. This should do the trick.

Another way I often use when the import is made on a regular basis, is
to create what I call an "exploitation sheet".

You create a new spreadsheet and insert data there from the spreadsheet
you got from the import. The formulas will then look like
='file:///home/jf/Documents/Imports/MyImport.ods'#$'Sheet1'.A2
Then copy down and right and you're set.

What is interesting is that you may add some data handling when linking
the cells: you may have
=CNUM('file:///home/jf/Documents/Imports/MyImport.ods'#$'Sheet1'.A2)
which would automagically convert the text data into numerical data
without having to bother each and every time a new import comes.
You may also ignore any superfluous column, and so on.

For the ease of use, make sure to have both spreadsheets in the same
directory.

Note that:
-- this works only if the imported data is consistent (same columns at
the same place) and the data file must be uniformly named.
-- the imported data must be in a real file on disk.

HTH,
--
Jean-Francois Nifenecker, Bordeaux