Hello,

I can only speak for myself, but numbers get formatted as text in two ways:

1. Import of a tab delimited or csv file.

2. Spreadsheets sent to me from other users who have imported such files.

Usually I format the import to avoid the problem, but if I just double click a
csv file, it opens with the numbers formatted as text. Visually this is not a
problem. But if I then decide I need to edit the sheet I either have to
reimport it or reformat the numbers.

Hope this explains how it happens to me.

Charles

Sent from my iPod Touch