Unfortunately, this list is set up to reply to the author, not the list. I've
been caught by that on numerous lists.  To eliminate the duplication, I have to
Reply-all, then remove the OP from the To, and move the Cc field to the To
field. I generally do that; I've just done it. Yes, it's a pain, and it's more
of a pain to do the courtesy than to delete the duplicate that comes in.

If you don't like the policy, ask the list manager whether it can be changed. I
have never been able to comprehend why a mailing list would default that way.
Replying to the OP only is the outlier, not the norm.

Peter West

"We have only five loaves here, and two fish."