On 03/10/14 09:40, Alex Thurgood wrote:
> Le 04/03/2014 13:53, Mark LaPierre a écrit :
>
> Hi Mark,
>>
>> I just now noticed that you have "hsqldb:file:<path to the.odb>" in the
>> Datasource URL area.  How is a Base, i.e. .odb, file used as the data
>> source when the data is stored in a standalone HSQLDB database?  The
>> data is not stored in an .odb file but rather is managed by the
>> standalone HSQLDB database.
>
> The ODB file uses a JDBC connector driver included in the hsqldb
> package, i.e. it merely references the actual database and uses JDBC to
> access it. Any and all forms, queries, reports, macros, etc, are stored
> within the ODB file, even if the actual data from the hsqldb is stored
> in a separate directory pointed to by the URL. Also stored in the
> separate directory is the db initialisation/creation script file and any
> data backup and user/pwd configuration.
>
> This is what we mean by a "split" hsqldb database.
>
> Alex

Hey Alex,

So what you are saying is that I can create a LO Base DB that references
tables stored in the standalone HSQLDB database with the JDBC connector,
and use that .odb file as a back end to another LO Base DB which acts as
a front end?  I've read, and been told on this mail list that LO Base
can't do that.  If I could do that I wouldn't need the standalone
HSQLDB, just a plain .odb file with some tables in it.

I've been trying to get this set up for months with no success.  I could
have done all this and more with Microsoft Access in just a few days.
This really shouldn't be this hard.

I think I need someone to hold my hand through the creation of just one
very simple LO Base DB with just two tables in it.

--
    _
   °v°