Hi,
Le 18/04/2014 20:33, alnuwer a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> To answer you specific question now:
> Le 18/04/2014 17:37, alnuwer a écrit :
>> So I guess I have 3 choices:
>> Do nothing  - I'm running version 4.2.2.1  (I have it set to auto update)
>> Go "back" to 4.1.5. Will I be giving up functionality?
>> Go to 4.2.3.3. But the release notes say it "remains targeted for early
>> adopters and private power users," which I'm not!
>
> Each of the 4.2.x.x releases are for early adopters because the version
> is still quite new and needs more tests to be said "Stable". If you use
> version of this branch you should always update to the last available.
>>
>> So in layman terms, what is the difference between 4.2.2.1 and 4.1.5?
>
> See above, the 4.1.5 version is stable and has been tested for a long
> time now. I you want to use it for your daily work, you should always
> stay with this branch 4.1.x, until the 4.2.x branch is said stable and
> for all users.
>
> Kind regards
> Sophie
>
> Thanks Sophie - I am updating to 4.2.3.3.
> Recall, I started this thread because my password manager, LastPass, flagged
> the site openoffice.org as vulnerable. The discussion took on a life of it's
> own regarding the OpenOffice application. I believe this was goodness, but
> now, what about the openoffice.org site? Is it indeed vulnerable? And if so,
> when will it get fixed?

Hey, you are on the LibreOffice list, so I don't know, may be they need
to wait for the new certificate to be in place :) A lot of sites have
been affected and not all of them have been able to add the new
certificate quickly however they patched the OpenSSL security thing and
the site by itself was safe, only the new certificate needed to be
issued, at least that's what we've done on the LibreOffice
infrastructure side.

Kind regards
Sophie