Le 12/05/2014 09:03, Heinrich Stoellinger a écrit :

Hi Heinrich,

> I use JDBC-Connector mysql-connector-java-5.1.30-bin.jar; can't tell you
> where I got it from, certainly not from a Linux-distribution (I run
> Debian-Wheezy and Mint-16 respectively).

You stated initially that you were using the native connector - where
did you get it from ?

> I don't have to shut down the ODB --- see above!
> Heinrich

Yes, in other words, it works with the JDBC connector, but not the
mysql-native C/C++ connector, this has always been the case, as far as I
know. The JDBC has a far broader range of acceptable connection
parameters than the native connector.

Alex